Hiring: Development Manager
Rattlestick Playwrights Theater seeks a full-time Development Manager. Founded in 1994, Rattlestick Playwrights Theater is an award-winning theater that has created, developed, and produced over 100 world premieres in the past 24 seasons. Our mission is to present diverse, challenging and provocative plays that might not otherwise be produced and to foster the future voices of the American theater. We have produced the first plays and early works of some of today’s leading voices, including Annie Baker (The Aliens), Sheila Callaghan (That Pretty, Pretty), Martyna Majok (Ironbound), Adam Rapp (The Hallway Trilogy), Lucy Thurber (The Hilltown Plays), Jonathan Tolins (Buyer and Cellar) and Craig Wright (The Pavilion).
The Development Manager will be responsible for advancing Rattlestick’s mission through fundraising and outreach to our community of donors. We are a highly collaborative team that prizes a positive working environment. This position reports to the Artistic Director and Managing Director and works closely with the board of directors and other Rattlestick staff members and affiliated artists. In concert with staff, responsibilities include:
· Overseeing and implementing all annual and capital development campaigns including board, corporate, foundation, event, government, individual, and special project fundraising
· Managing day-to-day development operations including budgeting, calendars, gift tracking, donation processing, donor stewardship, and CRM database
· Assisting with research, cultivation, and solicitation of current and prospective donors
· Implementing individual giving programs including mail appeals and patron program
· Preparing inquiries, proposals, and reports for all institutional funders
· Overseeing logistics for special events
· Supporting the board of directors through meeting preparation, communication, and committee administration
We seek a candidate who has the following qualifications:
· Commitment to the mission and values of Rattlestick Playwrights Theater and a desire to support that mission through fundraising
· Superior administrative, organizational, research, time management, and analytical skills; attention to detail, meticulous data management, multi-tasking, and the ability to meet deadlines is a must
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Professional and friendly attitude, both in the office and when dealing with donors
· Three years of fundraising or non-profit experience; we are open to candidates who possess the traits that will allow them to be successful fundraisers but who may not have deep fundraising experience
Compensation: $35,000 plus benefits
Start date: August 2018
Application: Please e-mail your resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the Subject line. All applications will be kept confidential. No phone calls please.
Rattlestick has a sincere commitment to diversity in all forms and welcomes applications from candidates of all ages, races, religions, genders, origins, or sexual orientations.